Adventure
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dungeons and Dragons Online

4 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Dungeons and Dragons Online - Page 3 Empty Re: Dungeons and Dragons Online

Post  Joe Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:39 pm

Cool, Nick is still working on making space for it.
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonth Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:27 pm

ROAR

::1d20 is rolled to determine if Jonathan's ROAR attempt succeeds in bumping the DDO thread. A 1 is rolled. His Charisma, Strength and Awesome modifiers are added to the roll. A total of over 9000 is required to pass the check. The ROAR succeeds::
Jonth
Jonth
Admin

https://adventure.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:02 pm

Joe rolls a 1d2 for caring about the Roar, modified by his constitution modifier. Joe rolls a -5 and his care fails.

Two sided die are awesome.

Also, I am lvl 6, and Jake is lvl 5 last I heard. Kent is also up and coming at lvl 3. Blasted power outages, cut my play time short yesterday.
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  harbinger Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:15 pm

::jake rolls a die from out of his monopoly game board to determine punching jon in the throat. The die rolls off the table and down the A/C vent, all is lost::
harbinger
harbinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonth Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:17 pm

Ha! Geek humor is fun... I hope to do some power leveling Saturday. I think I'm starting to get the hang of it. Just run to the nearest gold icon, grab quest, do quest, grab reward, sell loot, and repeat.
Jonth
Jonth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  harbinger Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:27 pm

well yeah... I mean if you want to dull it down I guess... we kinda like to run the quests that pay the best exp and goods. and we run em til the exp gets so watered down its no longer any good than we move on, and occasionally we take on suicide quests and sometimes beat em. usually after two or three tries... stupid fire elementals...
harbinger
harbinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonth Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:02 am

If you press the P button, the middle tab will show you what quests you have done or have not done, the highest difficulty you completed it on, and what favor you got from it. I think I will go back through and do some of the lower missions on harder difficulty as that will give you more favor from those missions. You don't get extra favor from doing a mission again, unless you do it on a higher difficulty, and then that favor will replace the lower difficulty favor, not stack with it.
Jonth
Jonth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  harbinger Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:23 am

you need to push the "P" for play button... yeah, I went there. today 6ish pm me and joe will be on maybe if you aren't busy this afternoon we can all kill the crap outta favorable things
harbinger
harbinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonth Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:40 pm

Can't, this is mine and Sara's 2 year anniversary. We are going to Outback Steakhouse in Richmond. After me and Sara get married, there might be more opportunities to play, since my computer will be here at her house, and when I get off through the week I come over here. As for right now though, it is difficult to get on any other time than the weekends or sometimes Friday.

On a different note Joe, I will probably end up making a Khopesh TWF Paladin when I unlock my 32 point build. Did a little reading, and they seem to be the absolute superior weapon in the game for Paladins. Might be able to get used to them, since I'm not used to Falchions and got used to them.
Jonth
Jonth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  harbinger Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:30 pm

never doubt the power of FREEEEEDDDDDD THE MIND FLAYERRRRRRR. yeah, well 6ish goes for tomarrow too.
harbinger
harbinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonth Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:55 am

Finally got a headset microphone last night. So when I play this weekend, I should finally be able to talk. Also, Saturday is mine and Sara's wedding shower, so I probably won't be playing that much Saturday.
Jonth
Jonth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:08 am

Wedding Shower, is that a dual version of a Bridal Shower? Was wondering cause Bridal showers are traditionally just women... If not, I'd contribute to the gift-giving.
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonth Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:48 pm

Not a bridal shower, more home oriented gifts. You are welcome to come, but you don't have to buy a gift. Going to be at Dorthae Pentecostal's gymnasium, and it starts at 6.
Jonth
Jonth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  harbinger Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:37 am

yes you may go, but don't you dance, DON'T YOU DARE DANCE!
harbinger
harbinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:37 pm

I'll get you a 5 slice super toaster oven that makes toast in the shape of Hello Kitty.

If I danced, the world would probably end. Maybe I can get away with the DDO /dance, but that may just make it worse. I'm pretty sure dancing isn't allowed anyway, and that may just be the reason.
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  harbinger Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:00 pm

yeah that was the point of my whole joke... you know not allowed to dance in the building so don't... yeah it kinda sucks all the comedy out if I have to explain it in this depth... for all this week (til monday) Joe will now be know as buzz killington... hm... that would make a good ddo name if I ever unlock the drow race
harbinger
harbinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:21 pm

We can dance if we want to. We can leave your friends behind, cause your friends don't dance and if they don't dance, well they're no friends of mine. Is that a more appropriate response? Safety dance, is it safe to dance.

Also, you gotta get that store top hat if you do.
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  harbinger Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:35 pm

well if you've ever seen the saftey dance its mostly a bunch of clapping, but back to the main reason this topic page exists (ddo) yeah we have to do the pit it's worth 27 favor more than any other missions (ftp) I figure we grab a few muck banes and run through it naked to prevent armor damage, oh and this:

oh I forgot I have to make this JOE-able so here is the joe rated version:

harbinger
harbinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:46 pm

I seem to be immune to armor damage from slimes/rust monsters, as it never loses durability for some reason. There is an even better slime killing weapon there anyway, Muck's Doom. Just requires 4 people, is the only catch.

First video is Jon rated. Second video, thats some ancient WoW, like 1.0 version (can tell from the graphics and lack of squid goats and gay elves). 4.0 is coming November or so.
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  harbinger Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:24 pm

*blink*

so yeeeeaaaaaaaaah.... how bout them muck weapons...
harbinger
harbinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:07 pm

I just got home and its 10, so I figure its too late to call. What level is Kent? 5 or 6? In general, everyone gets a free feat of your choosing every 3 levels, besides the ranger specials. So, if hes 5, at 6 he should be able to choose spring attack. If he can't, well, that sucks.
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:45 am

Hey, Sara mentioned something about starting DDO when we were at your wedding shower last night. Any idea what class she has in mind?
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonth Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:37 am

Not sure, but I am having some problems with the Pando Media Booster they use to download the game. I have downloaded the downloader, but when I try to use it to try to download the game it says "Error creating installation files". I have researched it, and discovered something about UAC which I tried turning off, and I tried running as administrator even though Sara has one account on her laptop which is registered as admin... Windows Vista is stupid... Look into that Joe.
Jonth
Jonth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  harbinger Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:31 am

compatibility mode maybe???
though my desktop runs vista and it installed alright just didnt give me any desktop icons so I had to go into the folder to create a shortcut....
harbinger
harbinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:43 am

Yeah, I have Vista at home and I keep UAC off. It is useful to keep viruses/unwanted programs from running, but it kills installs and stuff. I know she might be listed as an admin user, but some things you have to right click on and run as admin for whatever reason they decided that. There is also that compatability mode, I think its in properties under something like "permissions". I'll check when I get home and edit this post with the correct info if you can't find it.

Oh, also, might want to install it to c:/users/"name"/saved games. I had issues with WoW and other games on Vista till I installed it there, when they're in program files, it wants to fight them and not let them save data or patch. You also want to set the executables to run as admin when you get the game installed (launcher, patcher, etc.). If you run into issues with the latency symbol appearing when you finally get to play, I know the ports to open in the firewall and possibly ports to forward in the router (no one else but me seems to have had the problem, might just be AT&T). But yeah, might also want to disable the firewall while its downloading. Oh, also see if windows is up to date with the .net framework, its usually under optional downloads in windows update.

In list form do all these:
-install/download to c:/users/"name"/saved games
-download windows updates for .net framework

If it persists do these as needed:
-set to run as admin
-set compatibility mode to XP
-turn off firewall while it downloads

Last edited by Joe on Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down