Adventure
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lord of the Rings Online

2 posters

Go down

Lord of the Rings Online Empty Lord of the Rings Online

Post  Joe Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:39 pm

I think I'm going to give this game a try and I'll let you guys know how it works out. I don't really have much time for games lately as it is, but this one seems more compelling the more I look at it. The clencher is the "chicken mode". Sounds absolutely hilarious and fun (you become a lvl 1 chicken and have to complete quests like talking to other animals or gathering worms, with the goal of becoming a free chicken, but you can die by even the simplest of means and have to traverse such dangerous lands). Plus the crafting looks pretty nice, with optional "critical" components that give better/more results.
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Lord of the Rings Online Empty Re: Lord of the Rings Online

Post  harbinger Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:34 pm

its like a dorkier ddo (i dont know how thats really possible) however i eggerly await your soloability review and am curious as to the combat system compared to ddo or wow.... hopefully more ddo like than wow...
harbinger
harbinger

Back to top Go down

Post  harbinger Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:49 pm

AND AS USUAL WHAT SERVER MIGHT YOU PLAY UPON?
harbinger
harbinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:06 pm

I'm on Nimrodel. Currently I'm playing a hobbit guardian named Mistrodo. Its pretty similar to WoW at this point, but has some cool differences (in my opinion).
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:21 pm

I seem to have picked a pretty good craft in Tinker, jewelry is pretty hard to come by and has some nice effects. I think I'll make another character with metalworking so I can make armor too. I'm almost to the point of making super good stuff once I master the crafting tier (the critical component thing can only be used once you max out your current skill level and learn the next).

One of the nice features is that you can earn virtues/corruptions, and they give certain stat boosts. So, say if you deliver 15 pies all around a country, you get a patience virtue, and it raises your armor and endurance. It can also stack from other "patience" quests to improve that particular virtue. Bad thing is that they have to be purchased/only vips get them "free" (Darn you, Turbine!). Corruptions are likewise evil versions that usually increase attack type stats, I've yet to come upon them, they may be for "monster play" only.

Probably the biggest letdown for me is all the travel time. I feel like my little hobbit feet will explode if I have to walk to The Green Dragon from Michel Delving and back one more time! I can't wait to get a mount, but I think I have to wait till lvl 20 or so.

All in all its pretty fun, and free. I've met quite a few familiar faces including Frodo and the other hobbits, as well as Aragorn (in disguise). Can't wait to meet Gandalf. The timeline takes place just before/during the movies. For instance, I saw a ring wraith on the road when Frodo and his friends came by, and it interrogated me while they hid.
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  harbinger Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:34 am

you and your stupid wow-like combat systems... I haz a lvl 2 hunter gloriously named Eljake. apparently if you shoot things and have pointy ears you have to have a "el" prefix
harbinger
harbinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:30 pm

Same with the "do" suffix for me, but I added it.
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  harbinger Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:19 pm

is your name is doooooo heh... like poop.
harbinger
harbinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down