Adventure
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DarkFall Online

3 posters

Go down

DarkFall Online Empty DarkFall Online

Post  Jonth Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:13 pm

Me and Joe were planning on playing this game a long time ago, but it was unsure that it would ever actually come out. The concept of the game seemed really cool at the time, and it finally released a while back. Basically, the world is a free for all where there is PvP is allowed nearly everywhere. You have the capability to build a kingdom if you find the right areas, you can take over player made kingdoms if you have enough manpower, you can create a merchant guild, you can explore dungeons for treasure, and so on and so forth.

Not saying that we play it, was just throwing the idea out there for everyone to ponder on. Maybe whenever we get bored of DDO in the distant future. Maybe never, since I am still waiting on Dragon Nest to come out.

MAGICAL LINK COME FORTH!
Jonth
Jonth
Admin

https://adventure.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

DarkFall Online Empty Re: DarkFall Online

Post  harbinger Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:00 pm

meh it don't look bad except the monthly fee
harbinger
harbinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:33 pm

I just hate the full PvP and looting system. I love collecting items, and the full PvP forces me to be social and have to deal with people that like that sort of environment. After the stuff I faced in Aspereta, those people are the worst ever in the gaming community. It just stanks of raging adolescent hormones.

I'll give it the benefit of the doubt though. If we can find a large righteous/neutral guild, I'd be ok with that. I'd mainly want to craft and take part in managing the town. The killing would be more of a secondary thing, if at all. I'd at least like to follow a code of honor. I'd rather kill monsters than people, true it'd be more interesting and tactical, but I just dislike killing people that exist behind the pixels.

Besides that, I like the customization, no classes! Sounds like there is a catch somewhere. I'd probably go a tank/healing route. Perhaps healing someone while they're attacking me would confuse them enough to make them stop. I also wonder if there is an item trash button, that way if people try to kill me they will get nothing. I'd rather it be gone than someone benefit from my death. I just really hate the idea of the full on PvP lol. I'd try it though. At least we know we'd have eachother's backs.
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonth Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:40 am

Yeah, I'm not dead set on it myself. The thought just randomly popped into my head yesterday and I went to the site to check it out. The monthly subscription is a mild deterant as well. I'd feel better about $9.99 rather than the games current $14.99. I know it's not a huge difference, but in my mind it is enough of a difference.
Jonth
Jonth
Admin

https://adventure.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:42 am

From what I've read on mechanics it doesn't sound too horrible with the PvP. I looked into some statistics, and about 5% of the US1 server population that was listed were "evil", meaning they kill their own faction outside of wars. I also like that you can increase your stats in all sorts of ways, instead of just fighting. Swimming seems to be a great way to increase combat stats lol (health, strength, etc.). The population of the game seems rather tiny, alot of the land looks to be owned by large guilds (200-400 players), most of them are lame sounding/have racist names (Such as Desperate Housewives [thundercats] and Black [KFC]). I'm wondering how likely it would be to build a town and it not get ran over. Otherwise we'd best look for an alliance if we play (Allies [eHarmony]) sounds good (you can have your own guild, you just join an group of guilds).

I've already looked into healing spells and such, as well as the crafting systems. An interesting note, is that we can raise stats by fighting each other as well (some raise just by taking damage), as long as you don't kill eachother you shouldn't lose alignment points.
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  harbinger Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:28 pm

IF I PLAYED (thats a pretty big if so use your imagination) I would mearly strike vengance on people whom attack my allies and try to swipe thier stuffs... like a silent piano from a 4rth story window my vengance would be swift and silent until the loud and somewhat comic demise
harbinger
harbinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down