Adventure
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anarchy Online

3 posters

Go down

Anarchy Online Empty Anarchy Online

Post  Jonth Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:49 pm

For anybody that cares, I have casually started playing Anarchy Online. No, it is not a great game and it has many flaws, but it has a feel to it that is lacking in a lot of MMOs... For me at least. Maybe that is because I played it a long time ago, and it feels a bit nostalgic, but whatever. Probably the biggest negative is the ever-so-prevalent point and click functionality needed to fight battles.

However, it is free to play with an option to pay a monthly fee for expansion packs. Cool thing is that the entire core game that was initially released at launch (and even more) is included in the free package, so there is no need to pay to get from level 1 to 200. I'm thinking you guys might have played before, but I'm not really sure. I think at least Joe made an engineer before or something, and Jake originally owned the game, but I think couldn't get it to work so he gave it to me.

Really wish they would release PSO2...
Jonth
Jonth
Admin

https://adventure.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Anarchy Online Empty Re: Anarchy Online

Post  harbinger Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:53 am

point and click... we aren't talking like WoW combat are we?
harbinger
harbinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonth Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:53 am

Well, basically more or less. You click a monster, you click the attack button, you start auto attacking, and as a melee character you have maybe a couple of special keys... Like I said the biggest negative...
Jonth
Jonth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:23 am

I vaguely remember it, but I've got it dl'd this morning. I'm currently playing Star Trek Online a lot lately, since it is going free to play next month or so (might be even now). I'll see if I can get my old account back on Anarchy, if not I'll just start over, but I enjoy having a money maker alt on the side.
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonth Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:43 pm

They say that Martial Artist is the best to play if you are short on funds, since they do not have to have a weapon. I made a martial artist partially for that reason, and partially because that is what I used to play before. However, I am also wanting to make an Adventurer. They are basically this games Ranger class, but better since they have a little bit of everything. They can dual wield bladed weapons or pistols, have the second best healing besides Doctors, and they can morph themselves and team members into various monster things. May be a class Jake would like since they get a wolf morphing ability, and can dual wield.

Edit: I am on the Rimor (Rubi-Ka 2) server, and I will be siding with the Clans. It is important that we are on the same side, as Clans vs. Omni-Tek is similar to Alliance vs. Horde. I believe you would end up choosing the Clans anyway Joe, as Clans fight for Freedom, and Omni-Tek is the evil corporation that wants to industrialize all of Rubi-Ka (the planet).
Jonth
Jonth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:49 pm

I'm not sure what I want to play, I have a 13 engineer still, and I just made a doctor. What would you suggest I go with for our group (out of all classes)?
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonth Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:55 pm

Well, if you are looking at it solely from a support class, then Doctor is definitely the best to go with. Best healers in the game. After them are adventurers, then Martial Artists take 3rd. As far as solo goes, Doctor's kill things very slowly, but I have also read that they are the most survivable class in the game due to their crazy capacity to heal. So, if it is one on one with one of the end-game mobs, they would actually probably be able to survive longer than a Soldier, or even an Enforcer would.

I just got out of the newbie area, but I wouldn't care to make a new character to help you out in there. There are actually a lot of things in that area to get that are pretty useful. Most importantly is the Aligned Newcomer Armor that you can get. It will actually level up with you to level 15. Also, the shoulder pads are very nice to get, as shoulder pads are fairly rare, and you get these practically handed to you.
Jonth
Jonth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down