Adventure
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Terraria-crazy open-ended game

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Terraria-crazy open-ended game - Page 2 Empty Re: Terraria-crazy open-ended game

Post  Joe Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:19 pm

You can!

I'm currently working on an invasion defense fortress, with one switch "forcefields" and false platforms to combat goblin mages and other teleporting enemies. It'll probably be my home for "hardmode" in which the corruption and hallow biomes start to spread over the entire world and all monsters get tougher and the bosses get upgraded.
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Terraria-crazy open-ended game - Page 2 Empty Re: Terraria-crazy open-ended game

Post  harbinger Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:24 am

yeah so i played all night, got a lovely flamethrower and shotgun, almost have some sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet armor, and hard is suicide people, but with a flamethrower its kinda fun... i remember what sleep was...
HEY! who be workin?!
harbinger
harbinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:34 pm

Unfortunately, the library is open today Sad. I'm at work till 7.

It is indeed an awesome update, I've yet to turn on hard mode in my new world, just tossed a ton of dynamite between the corruption biomes and normal ones to hopefully stop the spread, and made my normal fortress with a cool escape hatch into an underground fortress of awesome (that is still in progress). Also learned how to make some neon signs and boulder triggered traps (boulders activating pressure plates).

There is a cool slime gel factory that is very productive and great for feeding your flamethrower. Just turn it on, stand on top, and the slimes spawn and kill themselves on lava while you get the gel.
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  Half-Elven Warrior Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:01 pm

I have been introduced into this limitless world of adventure. I like it Smile
Half-Elven Warrior
Half-Elven Warrior

Location : A forest that lies somewhere between Narnia and Middle Earth

Back to top Go down

Post  harbinger Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:36 pm

Terraria-crazy open-ended game - Page 2 Cvhjbm10

I prefer my manual traps... mostly cause i dont get hit by a 100 hp sucking rock when i forget about it...

also, i noticed i can make pumps... i wonder if there is a hose to go with, and if i can pump lava...

Last edited by harbinger on Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:28 am; edited 1 time in total
harbinger
harbinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:24 am

Very nice, welcome to Terraria Smile.

Yeah, manual traps are awesome, my boulders are currently manual, but my darts are set to pressure plates (auto anti-zombie, I'd use lava, but there'd be no loot). I saw some rather ingenous ones earlier, involving a bucket worth of lava dropping onto a bridge of wood platforms among other things. Open doors for one, can hold sand, and so can torches which can be knocked out by water. Creates some alternative mechanisms.

Here are my bits I worked on today:
Terraria-crazy open-ended game - Page 2 Baseme10

After:
Terraria-crazy open-ended game - Page 2 Boom10

Escape route, first domicile, door opens and lights come on automagically:
Terraria-crazy open-ended game - Page 2 Safeho10

Second route, secret switch:
Terraria-crazy open-ended game - Page 2 Safeho11

The path appears!
Terraria-crazy open-ended game - Page 2 Safeho12

Two switches, one to close the door, other to light the place and open the entrance.
Terraria-crazy open-ended game - Page 2 Safeho13

First version of the safe house type fort, still a work in progress.
Terraria-crazy open-ended game - Page 2 Safeho10
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:31 am

The wire counts as hose, and it does indeed pump lava. Be careful not to leave them unattended, they can duplicate lava/water endlessly if left on, some people have flooded a good portion of their world with it. It isn't very efficient at pumping lava up from the underworld, as you have to keep making pumps and receptacles to get it to the surface every 1000 or so wire. Its best as transfer device above ground, and as an auto-duplication method.
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  harbinger Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:37 pm

retardly... inefficiant but it will serve my purposes....
harbinger
harbinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:42 am

I fell into a pizza coma yesterday during a ghost hunter type show marathon, so I didn't do much. Started working on an underground greenhouse for the safehouse, but its like only a few feet in.

Seems I'll need a dungeon brick safehouse as well (immune to dynamite and uncorruptible)... I'll probably build it in the sky. Just got to watch out for the wyverns though... hmm.

Since they added in some chinese lanterns, I think I'll make a pagoda somewhere too. It'd be awesome to build one all the way to the underworld, and then have an upside-down version there. Maybe just a pagoda with a hellevator and another upside down pagoda down there, otherwise that is a ton of building...
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:05 pm

My current server, Pandora, is open at 24.100.83.153. Feel free to join any time! Let me know if you have any difficulties.
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  harbinger Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:17 pm

IT'S NOT WORKIIIIINNNNNGGGGGGG!!!!!! RAWR! *smashes a tv and punches an orphan*
harbinger
harbinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Half-Elven Warrior Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:50 pm

Ahhh $#?@ my eye!!!! (I played an orphan in the school play)
Half-Elven Warrior
Half-Elven Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:15 am

Must be new wave Sad. I can't portforward at the moment since they and my sisters ex installed the modem, so that sucks.
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:51 am

Try again, I finally got into the modem/router and forwarded port 7777.
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  harbinger Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:08 am

whoops... i totally didnt try again and slept instead... i'll try now if it's up...
harbinger
harbinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:49 pm

Just started a new server, Madness, the brother of Mayhem (Jake was on it this morning). It is pretty much untouched aside from being in hard mode, so there is corruption and hallow spreading all over now (your unicorns are now in, Jon =p).

Same ip, same port.
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonth Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:49 pm

I am both excited and terrified...
Jonth
Jonth
Admin

https://adventure.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:44 pm

You should be. Apparently the server crashed while I was cleaning my room, it is back now.
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:01 pm

Server is back once again. Hopefully fixed the explosives/lava/spreading issue.

Edit: Scratch that, just going to run the server regular style for now.
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:01 pm

I jumped on yesterday but nobody was there.
Nick
Nick

Location : In a wet cardboard box suffering from a seizure while eating a stick of deoderant. Or was that a dream....?

Back to top Go down

Post  Half-Elven Warrior Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:23 pm

Zombies, unicorns, and goblins oh, my! I enjoy this game, but I haven't learned the art of survival yet... scratch
A lot of tombstones...

Last edited by Half-Elven Warrior on Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : None of your business.... Grrr)
Half-Elven Warrior
Half-Elven Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  harbinger Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:42 am

broke down... bought skyrim... werewolf... eating people... tasty tasty people
harbinger
harbinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:20 pm

We'll be getting that as soon as we get the check. It looks super fun.
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  harbinger Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:33 pm

i killed a mammoth with 47 arrows to the face.... it is awesome
harbinger
harbinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:14 pm

I have max skills in everything on that game.
Nick
Nick

Location : In a wet cardboard box suffering from a seizure while eating a stick of deoderant. Or was that a dream....?

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2