Adventure
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Engaged 2: Revenge of the Rings

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Engaged 2: Revenge of the Rings Empty Engaged 2: Revenge of the Rings

Post  Joe Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:22 pm

Well, I figured I'd make an official pre-announcement that Brandi and I will be engaged (as soon as I finish the ring, probably tomorrow). I haven't told anyone in my family yet, so Shhhhhh.

Right now we're looking at October 19th as our wedding date, and we're hoping for Cumberland Falls as the location (according to the farmer's almanac it should be about 58-62 and fairly clear, and the leaves at peak color change). You're all invited to participate in the ceremony, we're not sure how many groomsmen/bridesmaids we want yet, but we'd like Sara to be a Bridesmaid, and Jon and Jake to be Groomsmen, and Nick I'd like to ask you to be my best man.

More info to come.
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Engaged 2: Revenge of the Rings Empty Re: Engaged 2: Revenge of the Rings

Post  Nick Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:13 pm

Congratulations man! I think I will have my license by then so that sounds fine. If you are home from work I would like to call you and get some details though.
Nick
Nick

Location : In a wet cardboard box suffering from a seizure while eating a stick of deoderant. Or was that a dream....?

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonth Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:49 am

Hah! Your title was entertaining sir.
Jonth
Jonth
Admin

https://adventure.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  harbinger Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:40 am

there better be cake.... thats all im saying.
harbinger
harbinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:23 pm

As we all know, the cake was a lie....
Nick
Nick

Location : In a wet cardboard box suffering from a seizure while eating a stick of deoderant. Or was that a dream....?

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:59 pm

Yeah, I mean Jon and Sara's cake was like 90% fondant, it was cool though. We're planning on a yin-yang cheesecake, with maybe another cake below it too.
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  harbinger Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:07 pm

*one tear rolls down cheek* cheesecake is the king of cakeries! you just made me the happiest wo... oh wait... thats brandi... but regardless yaaay cheesecake!
harbinger
harbinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:18 pm

*Start to read this thread again, scroll to fast, about to scroll up, see "cheesecake", do a little dance and repeat out loud.....
Nick
Nick

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:32 pm

We may need a new priest, the one we had planned was actually going to tell Brandi to break up with me and wait a year before dating again. Jon, do you think your dad would be ok with a mostly untraditional wedding (decoration wise we plan blue, brown, and green as the colors, with some origami cranes, and a yin-yang cake, as well as a peace sign somewhere, and the ceremony clothing being fairly relaxed or unusual, such as Nick dressing as a Ninja and you as a Paladin or something).
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:36 pm

NICK APPROVES!!!!!
Nick
Nick

Back to top Go down

Post  harbinger Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:38 pm

but hes a fake ninja! he didnt go through what i did! he just ebay'ed a outfit and started running around! AAAHHHH! makes me want to beat him with a cinderblock tied to an armadillo! so what are you wearing joe? i have a suit... it's black, nice blue shirt burlap sack with a rabid opposum in it to put down evil nick's pants when no one is looking (evil nick is not you nick whom used to be short)
harbinger
harbinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:51 pm

I was gonna wear my tux tee shirt but.......TUXEDO NINJA TIME!!!!!!!!!! ALL THE AWESOME WITH NONE OF THE TRAINING!!!!!!!!!!!
Nick
Nick

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:57 pm

I'm not sure what I'll be wearing quite yet, I'm thinking maybe samurai or something matching her. Her dress is white and kind of renaissance-ish, small but a bit flowy, with long sleeves, reminds me of an elf dress. You can be a Ninja too Jake, if you want. I can make you some origami shurikens.
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  harbinger Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:01 pm

wait you talking about douche nick or formerly short nick going as a ninja? cause formerly short nick is cool, bust douche nick, it offends me and may have to put angry wildlife down his pants. i would feel kinda weird being the only dude in a suit so I may have to find an alternative

Last edited by harbinger on Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
harbinger
harbinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:04 pm

Is a tee shirt and hoodie ok? its all I own.......T-T
Nick
Nick

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:12 pm

Formerly short Nick. I will probably invite the other Nick and Samantha, but I don't intend to have them in the ceremony. I think the wildlife in pants part would be funny personally.

We're pretty much doing this wedding on a budget since we have to pay for it ourselves with little to no family assistance, so alot of stuff is handmade, and suits tend to be pricey. The wedding dress was actually picked based on looks, but its only like $180. I plan to do quite a bit of origami for it, and Brandi and I are folding 500 cranes each to go by the altar. The theme is a bit autumn-ish as well, but we're going off a lot of our likes. Her favorite colors are earth tone (green, brown, etc) and mine are sky tone (white, blue, gold), so we're using the concept of "tenchi", being "Heaven and Earth", that also resonates with the concept of the yin-yang.
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:13 pm

Thats ok if its all you can get Nick, we might can afford to get you a ninja outfit or whatever if you want. The dress is casual/costume, so no worries.
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  harbinger Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:16 pm

oh! I know! I can get one of those I'm with stupid > shirts! cause then it'l look like I'm saying its a bad idea AT the wedding, so that would be the joke like i was against it or something, ha! haaa! yeah im just gonna do that you dont mind do ya joe? cool. ....buy it now... paypal approved... 2-7 day delivery m'kay. (lol)
harbinger
harbinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:24 pm

I know some origami.....anything I could make to help?
Nick
Nick

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:31 pm

As of about 9:15, we're now officially engaged! *confetti* *horns* *llamas*
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  harbinger Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:39 pm

llamas okay but if it were goats.... you'd be doomed
harbinger
harbinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:44 pm

........why were there no alpacas or capybaras.....?
Nick
Nick

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:28 pm

Cause llamas are more awesome. Alpacas are just wannabes, and capybaras are just overgrown rodents. Goats are mean and a tad creepy. Everyone loves llamas though.

Also, Nick gave us the idea of a pinata kicking game for the reception.
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonth Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:36 pm

I'll run it by my dad Joe. Why did this guy think Brandi needed to break up with you and wait a year before dating? That seems like a rather odd thing to advise someone.
Jonth
Jonth
Admin

https://adventure.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:46 pm

It was one of her pastors, and the wife of another pastor (we wanted her husband to do the wedding). They've been doing a discipleship, to help her overcome her emotional past. They think she shouldn't date for a year because she went through a divorce last November, plus they think that I'm evil or something. The one pastor's wife is a bit religiously extreme, her and her husband didn't do anything including kiss until the wedding day. She perhaps has her own issues and values that shes trying to force onto Brandi.
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum