Adventure
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE END IS NIGH!

+3
Nick
Joe
harbinger
7 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

THE END IS NIGH! - Page 4 Empty :)

Post  Sabra Wed May 18, 2011 1:17 am

aw thanks Jake that's really sweet!
Sabra
Sabra

Back to top Go down

THE END IS NIGH! - Page 4 Empty Re: THE END IS NIGH!

Post  harbinger Wed May 18, 2011 7:37 am

yeah well... we're still waiting for our sandwiches... except jon... he just wants bread AND MUST BE VERY BUSY TO BE IGNORING MY FORUM THAT HE MADE. oh and on that note someone find me a 2-3 bedroom house/trailor in the area for around 500 a month (or less, less is always better)
harbinger
harbinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonth Wed May 18, 2011 10:38 am

Sorry... Been busy playing pokemon...

Anyway,
I have decent first aid abilities
-control bleeding
-CPR trained
-determining severity of injury

Beginner ranged weaponry (pistol, shotgun)
Moderate melee
Calculative rationing / making food last

Various other little things. Gosh... Feel like I'm making a resume... Always hated doing those...

Anyway Joe/Brandy, hate to turn down your offer on a dog, but I'm thinking it may be cheaper in the long run (as far as shots and surgeries) to get a dog from the pound. Plus, we'll be saving a dog from what would surely be a gruesome fate. Thanks again though, we do appreciate it.
Jonth
Jonth
Admin

https://adventure.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Wed May 18, 2011 3:05 pm

If you're going with a shelter, go with the Laurel County Shelter (opposite of the intersection where the flea market is). Knox-Whitley says that they do shots, but they don't really due to parvo outbreaks.
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  Anaranë Mithrandír Wed May 18, 2011 4:45 pm

Knox-Whitley Animal Shelter only offers a spay/neuter voucher with the $59 adoption fee. You'd have to take it to a vet & get the shots out of your own pocket. Laurel County Animal Shelter's adoption fee is $100 but it includes spay/neuter & shots (with proof of shots). The animals always look healthy and friendly. Its also much cleaner than K-W and doesn't smell like poop all the time. If there's a certain breed you're interested in just call them to see if they have it and if they don't they can write down your name and number and contact you when they get one in. Their number is: 606-864-6319
Hope this helps!
Anaranë Mithrandír
Anaranë Mithrandír

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Wed May 18, 2011 4:49 pm

I have always felt that going by breed is unfair to a dog (not counting size/health issues of certain breeds). It should be about how much you like the dog, or how much it likes you, not "OMG THIS 1 IS SO SMLL A TOTES LOOKS CUUUUUUTTTTTEEEEEE!!!!! *Mindless Babbling* SO CUTTTTTTEEEEEE!"
Nick
Nick

Location : In a wet cardboard box suffering from a seizure while eating a stick of deoderant. Or was that a dream....?

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Wed May 18, 2011 6:28 pm

She mentioned breed because Sara (and to a lesser extent, Jon) are looking for a small house dog that is hypoallergenic and doesn't shed much. Cost is a factor due to the economy, so taking one of our dogs that may possibly be larger than they anticipated or have other medical care issues (such as worms), etc. may be more expensive in the long run versus a proper breed (as mentioned above) that may already be trained and have proper medical care.

I personally vote for Irish Wolfhound.
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  harbinger Wed May 18, 2011 6:49 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypoallergenic_dog_breed

my fav's include

the papillion
the Xoloitzcuintli
and the American Hairless Terrier

now seeing as how they will most likely not save us in the event of the world ending it must mean you guys are using THE WRONG FORUM. lol
harbinger
harbinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonth Wed May 18, 2011 7:37 pm

Troll...
Jonth
Jonth
Admin

https://adventure.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Anaranë Mithrandír Thu May 19, 2011 3:35 pm

Nick wrote:I have always felt that going by breed is unfair to a dog (not counting size/health issues of certain breeds). It should be about how much you like the dog, or how much it likes you, not "OMG THIS 1 IS SO SMLL A TOTES LOOKS CUUUUUUTTTTTEEEEEE!!!!! *Mindless Babbling* SO CUTTTTTTEEEEEE!"

1. I know you're an animal genius (as am I) & your opinion will be solicited when needed.
2. No one said anything about getting dogs based on its looks.
3. They are ADOPTING from a SHELTER not buying from a puppy mill.
4. It doesn't matter if they get a big mixed breed or a little pure breed, they're still saving a life.
5. You are a bag of douche.

Last edited by Nikki on Thu May 19, 2011 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : organization of thoughts)
Anaranë Mithrandír
Anaranë Mithrandír

Back to top Go down

Post  harbinger Thu May 19, 2011 4:53 pm

YOUR BOTH DOUCHES
CRY ABOUT YOUR DOGS ELSEWHERE
THIS IS NOT THE I WANT A PUPPY TOPIC

go make one, this one is mine
besides i've had more pets than both of you combined
harbinger
harbinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Thu May 19, 2011 4:56 pm

Aw, I think I made hew angwey! Actually, it is you who would be the previously mentioned douche, seeing as how I said nothing that could be taken as an insult and was voicing my disliking of the people at the humane society. Also, I had assumed that since this was a public forum that consists of 6 or so people, and 5 of those were apart of a conversation that was also in public view. I never called myself an animal genius, it is merely my career field. And lastly, I specifically said "not counting size/health issues of certain breeds".

Now, on something post related: I have recently learned feeding techniques best suited for food animals, so if we end up with a farm that me be useful.
Nick
Nick

Location : In a wet cardboard box suffering from a seizure while eating a stick of deoderant. Or was that a dream....?

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Thu May 19, 2011 4:58 pm

And to Jake, if this dog would be coming along with them it is imperative we know as to make food prep. Also, this is a great way to lean into some animal related aspects of survival. So, in theory, all your thread are belong to me.
Nick
Nick

Back to top Go down

Post  harbinger Thu May 19, 2011 5:04 pm

all right, when food gets scarce know i will eat atleat 90% of your collective pets
harbinger
harbinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Anaranë Mithrandír Thu May 19, 2011 5:41 pm

Nick wrote:Aw, I think I made hew angwey!

Aww, how mature
Anaranë Mithrandír
Anaranë Mithrandír

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Thu May 19, 2011 6:22 pm

Twas' merely a jest milady. Mayhaps thou not ought to begin petty quarrels on a board of peers.
Nick
Nick

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Thu May 19, 2011 6:32 pm

So, here is the thing. We have many things planned out (some of which Jake should post more of) but one thing remains unanswered. I think we should take account of who will be using what weapons PRIMARILY. Jake and I have discussed what we think others should use but I think maybe you guys should say what you would be best with. Assume there will be up close to far ranged combat. Give some details on what weapon you would be using generally. Be realistic folks, no personal armories on ya at all times. Try to make it something you have now/ are planning to acquire. You can list other peoples things if truly necessary but try to use your own junk.

I have little choice in the weapon department being only 16, so mine will likely be less impressive. However, as it stands I would mostly be going tactical melee fighting and I may be acquiring a basic hunting rifle in the future (give it about 1-2 years for legal reasons). Jake, since you have the armory in your room you can give people certain things if you choose, along with the rest of you if you wish. Just remember; it is about practicality, not what makes you look the coolest or something.
Nick
Nick

Back to top Go down

Post  harbinger Thu May 19, 2011 7:31 pm

LETS SAVE THE BICKERING FOR FACEBOOK OR SOMETHING THIS IS NOT THE PLACE FOR IT. IT STOPS NOW AND I'M NO LONGER SCREWING AROUND. next one who mucks up my topic with back and forth bickering is going to have a serious problem with me, regardless this is not the place and I'm done with it

well first of all THANK YOU NICK FOR GETTING BACK ON TOPIC.
second of all I'm nominating myself in charge of weapon training, and tactics.
EVERYONE in the group will be trained enough to operate EVERY type of weapon and every single variety if someone goes down or it hits the fan I want anyone to be able to pick up anything and be able to use it, now as far as what people will use will be mostly based on thier skill with said weapon as well as what they brought with them, or is aquired. primarily people will most the time have nothing more than a pistol on them unless they are on a watch duty where they will probably have a scoped rifle, or if in a hunting party they will probably be heavily strapped, guns are heavy its going to be a pain in the butt lugging 5 to 50 pounds of boom around as you garden or whatever. if we are on a high alert situation then people will have 50 pounds of gear strapped to them but that will be a carefully planned sceinario that cannot yet be anticipated.
harbinger
harbinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Thu May 19, 2011 7:37 pm

I need to learn some shotgun/ pistol skill, as I have only fired a pistol a couple times and a shotgun once. So that would be awesome. I would also like to further my knife fighting skill, as I have no block/ parry skills.
Nick
Nick

Back to top Go down

Post  harbinger Fri May 20, 2011 8:34 am

so construction will not be very efficent but i have designed an ideal survival location based oddly enough on an inverted prison layout. its an idea of what type of location would be best though the chances of building are almost nonexistant its an idea of what to aspire to create

THE END IS NIGH! - Page 4 Untitl10
harbinger
harbinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Fri May 20, 2011 11:08 am

Eh, building it would be rather easy given our materials, the main issue is energy (as in food).

The only concern I'd have is sanitation, as the clinic is fairly close to the bathrooms. I think it'd be better situated near the waterworks and kitchen since boiled water is important to most improvised medical procedures (especially when there is a lack of alcohol).
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  harbinger Fri May 20, 2011 11:49 am

true but my thought on it is contamination, the room its self will be as sterile as we make it so we can smell armor it from the bathrooms but these bathrooms will have a flushing ability to push it down hill outside the facility so we should be safe there, but as far as flu or viral contaimination goes the further from housing and food the better, but you do make a valid point there...i just fear food, housing and water contamination... and as for the building of the structure the biggest challenge will be the walls... they need to be thick high and not easily climbed... once we establish all the internals the wall would then be made and the doors last. my inspiration comes somewhere between a prison and a castle these are structures that are made to withstand seige with or without energy. when/if this crap goes down most people are going to be in the stoneage i'd prefer we be in the iron age

*** oh btw I made not have made it clear enough these bathrooms will be relativly clean, its not going to be like a portapotty, that will be a FULL bathroom area shower toilets the works. the water will flow in from above through some form of pipeline then will branch into two pipes the first will be for showers the second for toilet. and yes there will be bathroom duty... heh heh... duty
harbinger
harbinger

Back to top Go down

Post  harbinger Fri May 20, 2011 12:04 pm

Nick wrote:I need to learn some shotgun/ pistol skill, as I have only fired a pistol a couple times and a shotgun once. So that would be awesome. I would also like to further my knife fighting skill, as I have no block/ parry skills.

I just noticed your block parry skill thing... you dont block or parry with a knife you do it with a long blade like a sword/ax/machette. hand weapons like a knife, you try to block it your gonna get killed, the only way to block a knife effectivly is to pick up a improvised sheild or wrap thick clothing around your free arm the best way to fight with a knife is to be agile and constantly moving the blade wether attacking or retreating. I can teach you swords and knives both. i am pretty profiecent with about any weapon with the exception of the three sectional staff (worst weapon known to man). plus joe is pretty skilled with the stick fighting alot of that can be used as knife fighting as well. jon is pretty good with large weapons. sara is an expert compared to anyone in ranged no firearms. mellee weapons training is not going to be nearly as difficult as firearms training, I dont want anyone to be put in a melee survival situation, the injury risks are too great and the chances of being out numbered or overpowered are even greater
harbinger
harbinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Fri May 20, 2011 3:03 pm

I rearranged it a bit:
https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img825/678/unl12.png

It gives us some more recyclable uses of waste items, and minimizes human energy useage. I also diverted some water to crafting (mostly for cleaning materials you don't want in the rain, and for possible fire emergency) and placed it next to the garage since its more convenient for tool useage and also makes the clinic more sanitary. I also placed an orchard as a hypothetical cover for the escape root.
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  harbinger Fri May 20, 2011 3:24 pm

well my main complaint is the fact you resized the image down and is hard to read lol.

i do like the layout better than mine except we both missed swapping the clinic with the bottom left house on the left side of the door but the second armory is a bad idea maybe we should make it into a smoke shake or food dehydrator since that will take up alot of kitchen space. and spread weapons resources too thin for easy theft, can't guard everything

tires packed with dirt maybe but they need to be covered with concrete or adobe type material to avoid being knocked over

THE END IS NIGH! - Page 4 Unl1210

what I really like about you input is how your doing from a living stand point by how you set up your crafting and added methane gathering and that, my main concerns were security and antiseige, meaning my designing is less funtional for day to day living but yours is moreso I think between the two it balances out pretty well. but seriously we'll have to scale it back up when I dont feel so lazy lol
harbinger
harbinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum