Adventure
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FATE!!!!! Try it!!!

4 posters

Go down

FATE!!!!! Try it!!! Empty FATE!!!!! Try it!!!

Post  Half-Elven Warrior Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:59 pm

Okay, Fate is not the best rpg ever, but is a fun way to kill some time with adventure. Besides adventure in my book is awesome. It is slightly point and click, but a little better than WoW fighting. Except it is only one player.... It is classless so you control your skills completely as you level up whether you desire certain weapon skills or magic or a lil of both it's up to you. You can also find gems that a certain townsguy can equip to ur weaons or armor for added bonus sometimes even elemental powers....and did I mention you get a dog or cat companion that you can feed certain fish to transform them into killing machines of mythical awesomeness! And sometimes certain fish when u catch them contain rare items. The dungeon also has unlimited floors so once you complete the story you can complete unlimited quests or reincarnate yourself with one item that gains extra awesome.....so yeah not total awesome, but definitely a fun way to pass time on a comuter!
Half-Elven Warrior
Half-Elven Warrior

Location : A forest that lies somewhere between Narnia and Middle Earth

Back to top Go down

FATE!!!!! Try it!!! Empty Re: FATE!!!!! Try it!!!

Post  Half-Elven Warrior Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:44 pm

I meant computer...
Half-Elven Warrior
Half-Elven Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  harbinger Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:34 pm

you know you can edit posts... lol
harbinger
harbinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Half-Elven Warrior Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:42 pm

Yes, yes I do know.
Half-Elven Warrior
Half-Elven Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonth Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:24 pm

I have played it a little. It is fun in limited duration as the game play gets a bit monotonous, but I guess the same could be said of any game. I have been playing Maple Story for about an hour a day lately. I would only suggest that game only up until about level 50-70. Then the time it takes to level kills any fun that could be had with the game.
Jonth
Jonth
Admin

https://adventure.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Half-Elven Warrior Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:39 pm

Yeah... I can't play it hours on end, but if you only play an hour here or there then it can be a fun time killer. I haven't tried Maple Story yet... Maybe I should take some meds before playing though because I hear that's the fun way to do it lol
Half-Elven Warrior
Half-Elven Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:07 pm

I recently re-DL'd MapleStory, it has quite a few new classes, so I thought I'd try it out. Unrelated, but I got Vice Admiral rank in STO, so I'm at the level cap untill they raise it. I have yet to do any end-game stuff, but it sounds decently fun and tactical.
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  Half-Elven Warrior Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:22 pm

This is really random, but have you ever played Champions of Norrath? It's a rpg for ps2 that I cannot find, but the few times I have played it I found it quite enjoyable. Needless to say no sure how it would be for extended play...
Half-Elven Warrior
Half-Elven Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonth Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:15 pm

Half-Elven Warrior wrote:This is really random, but have you ever played Champions of Norrath? It's a rpg for ps2 that I cannot find, but the few times I have played it I found it quite enjoyable. Needless to say no sure how it would be for extended play...

No, I can't say that I have played it. However, a Google search reveals that it seems to be set in the Everquest universe, so you might want to take a look at that. Everquest II is out now, and even it is pretty old as it was released in 2004. Kind of weird you don't hear much about it anymore. The first one preceded WoW, so I wouldn't expect much difference in terms of the combat system, but I can't really say for sure.
Jonth
Jonth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:41 pm

Some of the main WoW designers were hardcore players of Everquest. They even reference it in some in-game items, such as in a dragonslaying manual that suggests stacking 15 clerics alternating healing spells (yes, 15 people playing clerics). Everquest is notorius for hardcore content and grinds, in some cases its worse than RuneScape or old MapleStory. Initially WoW was similar to that, what with dungeon attunement and needing 40 players for some raids, but thankfully they've moved away from that somewhat.

Personally, as much as I enjoy sequencing attacks for optimum play, it becomes too much like "guitar hero", where you replace colored buttons in the song with "devastate, rend, devastate, rend, shield bash, devastate" etc. In that case, raids would be like "Through the Fire and the Flames" and all of your 10-20+ group members have to play near on perfect to defeat the boss. I've grown to enjoy less static gameplay, in favor of more dynamic types, like Dragon's Nest, DDO, and Phantasy Star for the most part. I think its a better test of tactical thinking to adjust to a situation with minimal expectations (such as at 25% health the monster will go into a rage and shoot fireballs vs a completely scripted event). It is also less harsh on people who aren't 100% coordinated with a group. Back in the day it might have been easy to get 40 people to do the same thing, but now you're lucky to get 5-10 random people to do it. Personally I think 3 very well equipped and skilled players could easily do 5 man dungeons on most games unless it requires an engineered class setup or some puzzle that requires 5 bodies.

So, my bets for awesomeness this next year (or two) are Guild Wars 2 and PSO2.
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonth Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:17 pm

Well, I figured there was a reason Everquest is nigh unheard of these days. Too hard I guess.
Jonth
Jonth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum