Adventure
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Final Fantasy XIV (14)

2 posters

Go down

Final Fantasy XIV (14) Empty Final Fantasy XIV (14)

Post  Joe Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:42 pm

So, I got into the Alpha and Beta test. This game is looking pretty awesome, the job system is kinda like Final Fantasy 3 (the japanese 3) and Final Fantasy XI. You can be every class on one character, but you have to level them up seperately, and some skills carry over from one class to the others, such as a healing spell or power boost. I took a few screenshots before the Alpha ended, and the Beta supposedly starts in about a week or so.

Final Fantasy XIV (14) Chocobog

Final Fantasy XIV (14) Lalafell
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Final Fantasy XIV (14) Empty Re: Final Fantasy XIV (14)

Post  harbinger Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:56 pm

HA HA! it looks like giant bird about to poop on you... plus your tiny, like circus person, also, is it to late to sign up for the beta test? and if not WHERE!?
harbinger
harbinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:19 pm

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/ is the website. Beta should start soon, so you might still have a decent chance of getting in. Currently they have 30,000 testers or so from different countries, but it wasn't all that crowded in Alpha since there are multiple servers. I think I was on Garnath or something, sounded kinda like that.

You'll be glad to know that it plays well with a controller, it was pretty much made for PS3. Otherwise, the controls are kinda weird. WASD is the basic movement, and the arrows move the camera. Good news is you can do pretty much everything with a few buttons if you don't like remembering hotkeys.

You can also dodge enemy special attacks and deal more damage based on your position. If you move behind an enemy, you get more criticals and less misses. You can also avoid things like Dodo burps or Puk fire breath that can otherwise put you to sleep or burn you.
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:28 pm

The Beta client releases tomorrow at 3 a.m. eastern time. Hopefully it doesn't take 3 days to download like last time.
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:22 pm

Blah, the download is so slow! I hate torrents. I've got ports opened once again and all that jazz, yet the download is back down to 1kbs to 50kbs randomly. I hope these guys do much better once the actual game comes out... I bet they changed the ports on me, hopefully this new router will kick its butt.
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  harbinger Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:30 pm

1-50 kbs.... ouch... anything under 100 is bad.... i'm usually 300-900
harbinger
harbinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:07 pm

I decided to go with a torrent program instead of the default downloader, and I'm about an hour away from installation! Its only taken about 3 days, lol. Plus, I've been getting 30-50kbs on the torrent and a max of 15kbs on the downloader, so its actually alot faster.
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  harbinger Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:40 pm

3 DAYS!?!?!?!?!?! I downloaded two versions of the last airbender in less than an hour bout 1.39 gigs each. how big could this final fantasy be?
harbinger
harbinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:28 am

3.5 gigs compressed, 6 gigs total. WoW is 22 gigs with all the expansions, by comparison. My internet sucks at downloading though, I hear AT&T has a policy with torrents, so it throttles them to kill the bandwidth. I'm tempted to get 2geton's cable internet, but Jon knows all about their reliability (Jon and the Library have the same provider, they're a small business in Corbin).

Its finally installed now, and the first real Beta test starts Tuesday. They keep having technical difficulties, so the first ones were cancelled.

Also, Airbender? Sweet. Did you get the movie or the series?
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  harbinger Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:30 pm

movie... and its not like you all thought yes appa (sp?) has a horrible face but as for the elements its just like the series, it explains the firebending can only be generated from the body during the comet or whatever it was with the exception of the uncle who generates it from himself to scare away peoples in the movie the only really wierd thing is that the firebenders are pretty much all indian... even the accents hinda wierd zouko all of em but the uncle looks pretty white. I guess only the earth kindom is asian? thought the fire nation was suppose to almost be like japan being an island nation or whatever. movie was like a 7.5 they had to tell too much story for the noobs but the second one should be awesome to the max, especially when toph makes her apperance
harbinger
harbinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:53 pm

Yeah, there are alot of differences lol. I felt from the preview that the bending didn't look as authentic as the show. It looked more like psychic power than the elements following their movements. I'd say its worth a watch though, just kinda feels like Transformers all over again.
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  harbinger Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:15 pm

i'd say the second would be much better since they got enough of the story shoved in 1, sorta like the series season 1 meh. season 2-3 awesome
harbinger
harbinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:32 pm

Yeah, season one was kinda meh and random, season two seemed like they got stuck in Ba Sing Se too much, but it was very nice, and season three was pure awesome. I'd hoped they'd have one of those mini-movies dealing with the aftermath, Zuko's Mom, etc. I figured Aang would make more airbenders with that energy bending stuff, if not hes going to be very busy... so much weirdness attached to that. Apparently Zuko's mom is alive by the way, his reunion with her was cut from the show.

I like the whole uncle firebending thing. Its kinda weird that the others can't without the comet, but in the show most firebenders base their attacks on inner rage, revenge, etc. Uncle uses the original method, which is life (essentially its related to the stomach chakra of ambition or motivation, which is called the fire chakra). Seems like they're setting that discovery up for the third movie.
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  harbinger Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:58 am

I dont know if its worth paying 8 bucks to see but its worth watching for sure
harbinger
harbinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:45 am

Here are a few screenshots from the Beta. Its on 24/7 now.

Some of the graphics and shading effects.
https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img69/44/bushs.png

Seafaring Catgirl
https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img713/9848/catgirls.png

Scary Roegadyn, apparently hes a cook.
https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img442/9062/scarydude.png
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  harbinger Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:02 pm

catgirl=hotness
cook=i'll be at mc donalds

if only the fighty system was old school...
that and the catgirls real...

actually, on second thought mostly just the second one...
harbinger
harbinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum