Adventure
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NAMELESS MMORPG OF AWESOME

4 posters

Go down

go with mmorpg maker software?

NAMELESS MMORPG OF AWESOME I_vote_lcap80%NAMELESS MMORPG OF AWESOME I_vote_rcap 80% 
[ 4 ]
NAMELESS MMORPG OF AWESOME I_vote_lcap20%NAMELESS MMORPG OF AWESOME I_vote_rcap 20% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 5

NAMELESS MMORPG OF AWESOME Empty NAMELESS MMORPG OF AWESOME

Post  harbinger Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:42 am

... that doesn't exist yet. yeah so i figure we might as well throw some ideas here and get a general idea even though we're really a month or two before the creation process we might as well have an idea of what flavor of awesome we plan to create. and i think we were probably pretty much in agreement with the "mmorpg maker" software.
harbinger
harbinger

Back to top Go down

NAMELESS MMORPG OF AWESOME Empty Re: NAMELESS MMORPG OF AWESOME

Post  Joe Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:44 pm

Well, everyone seems to like the final fantasy setting (Steampunk techno mythic fantasy). That being basically a parallel of our modern society, but with rudimentary looking technology that is actually high-technology, and the world being filled with dragons, monsters, and forms of "magic".

Personally, our old chat RP days of Mayhem may make a decent storyline/setting. Regardless of the setting, the antagonist/goal is probably more important overall for storyline flow. Such as the cliche crazy man going after elemental crystals, random dictator trying to take over the world, or some weird guy in a mask doing weird things that people strongly dislike.
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonth Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:05 am

How about a premise where the planetary alignment of 2012 has awoken some latent arcane power (would be the "magic" or whatever), and the greatest form of this power would give the person who controls it the power to control the world. The secret organization behind the world's political scene wants this power and pursues it. However, in the end it would be too powerful for them to control, thus breaking the boundaries between the dimensions. At that point the higher threat is revealed (some other race from another dimension) and it is evident that this race had been pulling the strings all along, comunicating with the secret organization, promising them power in an attempt to get them to do something that would ultimately destroy themselves and their world.

As you can see, this would cause the classic "World of Balance and World of Ruin/Chaos" gameplay scenario. Some classic examples of this are Final Fantasy 6 and 4 (sort of), and Zelda: Link to the Past and Ocarana of Time.

Now, this is only an idea mind you. There is a part of me that says this feels too real to be that entertaining, considering I (and you guys) believe in the whole secret society and other dimensions stuff. Although, I think I might have something if I replace a few of the more real elements with less real feeling ones....

Yeah... Take out the secret society part, make it the actual empire/government. Take out the other "dimension" part and make it a realm that wise men long ago banished and locked a race of evil monsters in... Actually, I think I am just going with this now that I think about it:

1. Government (can be called anything) has been seeking this ancient power.
2. Legends and ancient documents say that this ancient power was sealed long ago along with a great evil by wise men.
3. Party learns of government plans, and goes on quest to stop them.
4. Government succeeds in unleashing power, turns out to be holding a race of inteligent evil monsters who turn against government, and begin to enslave earth.
5. Party must now stop this greater evil.

It leaves a lot of room for tweaking while being a very solid platform. It has the ability of accepting new ideas from others, and it can be fit in pretty much any background setting (high fantasy, steampunk, modern, prevelant or dormant magic, etc.)

What do you guys think? I must admit it does sound a little like Final Fantasy 6, but there are some very distinct variations, such as the evil monster race instead of Espers, and the monsters being the real threat rather than a human in the end.
Jonth
Jonth
Admin

https://adventure.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  harbinger Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:10 am

love it, except yeah to be more fantasy-esque the government would have to be a monarcy or dictatorship but it still can fit in with the 2012 thing, however we should make it seem like a 2012/y2k thing because who knows how long we'll develope this and if its 2013 and we have invented the bestest game in the whole wide world people be like that didn't happen. you know kinda like you watch an old 80's movie or something and it shows the year 2000 and everyone has rocket boots and flying cars, ha! love the alien/extra-planier villians also for low level enemies and monsters the magic could have corrupted thier forms sorta like the mana in the final fantasy series, we'll have to name sain mana into some non-copyright infreingment name of course. might even think about two races of wierd aliens people for example your evil lizard men who can disguise themselves as human.... (kinda too much like the show "V") and maybe a fallen race that has already been conqured but has small resistance cells helping the players on occasion such as bunny or cat peoples (maybe another non-final fantasy used animal).
harbinger
harbinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:40 am

You could borrow a bit for my concept of "Milonia". In it, basically I used some of our back-story from Mayhem, but changed it a bit. At the beginning of the universe there were 6 beings that came from the point of origin, but then a 7th later emerged, deemed "Kaos". This being sought to bring about disharmony in all things, which did not sit well with the 6th being, the bringer of order. The 1st through 5th remained at their duties to keep what remained of the universe's balance.

This disorder, had a trickle down effect, which eventually began to unravel the fabric of dimensions, allowing them to cross over into each other, or eventually collapse to form a single dimension. This is the main goal in "Milonia", to save their dimension from crossing over into other ones (and eventually on to save other dimensions as well). Chances are I won't ever get to produce Milonia, so if you guys want to use it, I don't mind.

So, pretty much we could work in animal race people, etc. Perhaps they came from an alternate dimension neighboring earth where humans spliced animal DNA, but eventually they died out leaving the animals alive.

Also, mana isn't really just a Final Fantasy/RPG thing, its the archaic word for manna, the nutrients given from heaven to the devout. Its found in other things as well, usually the very faithful, such as St. Nicholas, whose bones still exude manna, which is considered very pure water that somehow condenses in his bones, though the tomb is not permeable and its formation is puzzeling.
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonth Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:45 pm

I think I would want the lizard men to be a side enemy, rather than the main threat. Could be from another dimension other than the one that was sealed. Basically, they need to be more of a running gag, but at some point there could be a face off where they pose some distinct threat to the party, but nothing overly major.

As far as the whole deity thing, I vote we go with God. Religion doesn't have to be the major theme in all of this, but I was going to base my characters abilities off of his faith. Not hashed it all out, but basically was going to be a Holy Swordsman, which is more or less a blend of a Magic Swordsman and a Paladin. Was thinking of an ability called Decree Blade with moves such as:

Judgement Blade - Strikes with a weapon charged with the terrible lightening of God's judgement.
Indignation Blade - Strikes with a weapon burning with the fire of God's indignation.
Seperation Blade - Strikes with a weapon frozen by the cold that exists within seperation from God.
Radiant Blade - Strikes with a weapon shining with the light of God's majesty.

Could also have some minor healing thrown in there, and names and such are subject to change. You get the idea though. I was thinking that these would be single attack abilities rather than "charges" where you use them and the weapon retains the effect for a while, but whatever you guys think.

This would be a seperate ability aside from Jakes magical artifact system. I was thinking if we each have a set of base skills unique to our characters, along with the artifact system, it would add a sense of individuality and diversity. Joe could have an Origami ability similar to summons, Jake could have Ninja Shadow abilities or something, Sara could have Sea Archer abilities or something, Chris could have Algebraic abilities that transmute mathematical thought into energy, and Nick could have some sort of Tame ability. Of course your abilities would be up to you.

Let me know what you guys think. Also, these abilities could be innate, they could have been brought on by the planetary alignment, they could be a result of our quest throughout the game, or a combination of 2 and 3.
Jonth
Jonth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:22 pm

Brandi calls musical based abilities (guitar, etc.).

I like that though. I'd go with tai-chi/bagua type martial arts moves, plus origami summons, as a sort of mystical monk thing. Also, I vote for all 3 reasons, as these are already sorta innate skills =p.
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonth Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:33 pm

YOUR FACE IS AN INNATE SKILL (this is jake btw)

so lts not go super magical and over elaborate. I'm feeling (just an idea)_ we should have three job levels per char you know (advancments) for example lvl 0 your pretty much relying on your bare weapon until you get a feel for the game then say lvl 5 job advance yopu'd get really weak abilities like for example instead of jon's holy lightning of doom is is more of a spark of mild discomfort then lvl 25ish (for example) class 2 holy lightnoing bolt whatever. then like lvl 50 get the big holy death lightning and so on for each ability. remeber white one this is basically a giant digital board game thingy of awesome
Jonth
Jonth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:56 pm

Are you visiting Jon, or did you swipe his account?

I dunno, multiple class advancements are kinda meh. It'd be doable as long as you can change classes.
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:53 pm

Each person has a different set of classes mayhaps? Joe could have and Origami Summoner, Tai-Chi Monk, (Librarian Mage?). Just an idea. Any thing off my story is up for grabs of course since the Copyrights haven't gone through yet.
Nick
Nick

Location : In a wet cardboard box suffering from a seizure while eating a stick of deoderant. Or was that a dream....?

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:52 pm

Any updates on this good sirs?
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:54 pm

Just been waiting for somebody to post something.
Nick
Nick

Location : In a wet cardboard box suffering from a seizure while eating a stick of deoderant. Or was that a dream....?

Back to top Go down

Post  harbinger Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:17 pm

someone in a populous location needs to "aquire" some kind of making software or start writing ideas and what nottery, so yeah
harbinger
harbinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down