Adventure
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Downsizing

4 posters

Go down

Downsizing Empty Downsizing

Post  Jonth Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:58 pm

Just to let everyone know, my position was terminated Wednesday and so I am currently out of a job. I was given the option to either take 6 weeks severance pay or transfer into another position in any of the St. Joseph Hospitals. There were only about 4 at the London hospital, and it looked as though I would only qualify for the phlebotomy position (blood drawing in case anyone doesn't know). Not really wanting to do that, so I am heavily leaning towards the severance pay.

This basically means I am forced to leave a job I was not happy with, I get 6 weeks paid vacation, and then I must search for a job that I hopefully like better. I have been wanting to look for another job, but having a job already cut my motivation to do so. Now I have to look for one.

When my boss was telling me all this, I was thinking to myself "You know, I think I'm supposed to be mad... Maybe I should try being mad... It seems like the right thing to feel... But for some reason I can only feel relief."

I'm taking this situation as an answer to prayer, as I have been asking God to open the door of opportunity in my life, and to help me find a better job that will help me provide for Sara nad myself better. So basically, I believe this is God saying "I'm not going to help you find another job if you don't look for one! Now look!"

Jonth
Jonth
Admin

https://adventure.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Downsizing Empty Re: Downsizing

Post  harbinger Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:26 pm

if you get unemployment thats 6 mo to find a new one, however many places right now are NOT hiring unless you have a job, so i think i'd run down to babtist and see what i could do, plus i know a nurse down there so might be able to help a tiny bit probably not much but still, it would probably be closer to your new trailor huh? huh? HUH?!
harbinger
harbinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:37 pm

That sucks, but as you said, its a good opportunity too. Baptist Regional might be a good alternative then, one of my coworkers is an employee there (and friends/neighbor to a doctor there), but has been on leave for a few months and has been working here. She might be able to put in a good word for you. Are you still going to be able to attend the convention?
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:20 pm

Sorry mate. Think Joe and Jake are right though.
Nick
Nick

Location : In a wet cardboard box suffering from a seizure while eating a stick of deoderant. Or was that a dream....?

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:25 pm

Plus with gas prices going up, it'd be a plus. Though there might be more diseased people in Corbin and thus raising the health hazards.
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  harbinger Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:49 pm

and remember before you get thrown out of the london hospital, jake would love some chloroform. thats how you get em back... liberate your good buddy a nice bottle of chloroform... its for ...uh... medicinal purposes. just do it. dont question it.
harbinger
harbinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonth Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:34 am

Me and Sara will still be able to attend the convention thanks to the 6 weeks severance.

Yes, I do plan on looking for another job before the 6 weeks are up, pretty much as soon as the con is over.

Sara's mom informed me today that she heard that Baptist just let go around 60 people, and that around 20 people were let go the same day I was at St. Joseph. In light of this I'm not sure if Baptist is hiring too much.

Jake... No. Just No.
Jonth
Jonth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  harbinger Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:01 am

aaaaaawwwwwwww... nobody ever brings me chloroform... this is why i cant have nice non-leathal weapons... sure you can have the machine gun, but no... no crazy knockout juice for you.
harbinger
harbinger

Back to top Go down

Post  harbinger Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:19 am

so it hit me, the fastest growing career field just canned about 80 people in the corbin/london area alone, an area almost uneffected during the recession (compared to surrounding areas) teachers are loosing the ability to unionize teachers and police are taking pay cuts... it seems the impending doom is sneaking in on us after all.
harbinger
harbinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonth Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:44 am

I think St. Joseph London over reached when they built the new hospital, and they didn't see nearly the upturn in patient care that they expected (which that part right there could be a sign). BRMC could definitely be a sign given that their hospital is several years old.

Also, I was listening to the radio last night (Laura Ingram Show), and they mentioned that prcies are set to rise across the board (food, fuel, utilities, etc) on a weekly basis for the forseable future. Google News "Prices set to rise", and you'll see there is truth to it all, as all three of the mentioned categories popped up on the first search page for me.

Remember when I told you that Egypts riot overthrow would have a ripple effect Jake? Libya has now fallen by the same means. Morocco and Tunisia are also having riots right now. I think there are others, but I don't have time to look hard right now, and those two came up fairly easy.

I know Joe mentioned something about the upcoming economic collapse probably being about as bad as the Great Depression, and let's hope so. However, at that time, people had access to more land and the ability to farm, giving most people an alternative to working a job. However, currently land is a rare resource making it very difficult to live off of it. At least that is my oppinion on the matter. Just be prepared regardless.
Jonth
Jonth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  harbinger Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:06 am

yeah but the depression had the dust bowl destroying farms... that was a large cause to it, now we have obama cutting californias water supply so there goes the farms there. no prohibition so i guess i cant become a gangster for income. and eggs are up 4% bacon 6% thats some expensive pork.... and you ripple effect we have protests here already, now my ripple effect is this, they are passing the bills that the rioters are against so it will lead to an escolation until; they too want a new government and then its the same here. next crime will go up severly mostly theft burglary then that will ripple to rape and murder, kidnapping all sorts of fun. be ready cause after that it goes martial law and there go your constitutional rights.
harbinger
harbinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum