Adventure
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Daily Mishaps and the sort...

5 posters

Go down

Daily Mishaps and the sort... Empty Daily Mishaps and the sort...

Post  Half-Elven Warrior Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:02 am

Well I do stupid stuff all the time, and I'm guessing you guys do the same (if you feel you do not beware of combustible pants my friend, beware) so I figured I should make a topic where we can share our latest plunders with one another. I'll start it off... It was like any other day, and I needed clean clothes. I commence laundry time and wash my first load of clothes, and at the past minute I decide to throw my jacket in. Well after that I move on to some other important task *cough* pokemon *cough* Some time thereafter I have the desire to listen to my mp3 player that is a horocrux basically because it contains my soul in music form. Alas I could not locate it.... Then the slow realization washed over me as I recalled placing it in the pocket of my jacket.. I sadly searched through the washed clothing to find it water-logged and potentially destroyed (it's submerged in rice right now as an attempt to save it and all of my music) but hey my earbuds still work and my clothes are clean...
Half-Elven Warrior
Half-Elven Warrior

Location : A forest that lies somewhere between Narnia and Middle Earth

Back to top Go down

Daily Mishaps and the sort... Empty Re: Daily Mishaps and the sort...

Post  Joe Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:26 am

No mos pantalones. I can't really think of anything at the moment, but I do some silly stuff sometimes.

The mp3 player should be good, just don't try to turn it on till it is dry, or it might short it out. They once tested gameboy color for its durability, and it still played despite being flushed and ran through a septic tank (among other things). So, most electronics are pretty durable these days.
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonth Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:58 pm

Recently, me and Sara left a Gameboy SP in the floor, next to a door, where it soaked up condensation. When I found it, I decided to let it dry for a few days before testing it. It came on for a few seconds, then it shut off...

But yeah, like Joe said, a lot of electronics can be spared after submersion by not turning them on. After the rice, you MAY (if you trust yourself) want to open it up and take a blow dryer (on the cool setting) to it. Then again I know very little of MP3 players themselves, and so I'm not really sure if it is a good idea for them.
Jonth
Jonth
Admin

https://adventure.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:41 pm

Two days ago I was assigned an essay in my A. English class. Upon passing out the paper he began talking about it and I zoned. Among the things I ignored, he explained a typo on the page. I caught the last bit and found that the page said "Due 1/21/2012". Assuming that to be it, I have it done with enough time to go to the gym that night. Today I was reading over and I couldn't believe that he had only assigned us a ten paragraph essay as his average sized essays go by a 3 page minimum. I asked him today why he would give us so much time for such a small assignment. He looks at me and starts laughing like he was possessed by the weird hyena from Lion King. He then goes to explain that it is in fact a ten PAGE paper and that I have written what I have over the wrong subject. The rest of the class is spent with him assigning a short essay and a novel to read by tomorrow. It is almost 8 o'clock and I just got home....that being said, I think I may go fetal position and cry for a few hours.

Sorry about your MP3 Rachel. Good bye all.
Nick
Nick

Location : In a wet cardboard box suffering from a seizure while eating a stick of deoderant. Or was that a dream....?

Back to top Go down

Post  Half-Elven Warrior Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:36 pm

Wow that sucks Nick.... My mp3 player seems to have survived with only cosmetic injuries.... Hopefully it won't die off.
Half-Elven Warrior
Half-Elven Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Half-Elven Warrior Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:38 pm

And with that being said.... It only works on charge. So my only hope is I can pull all the music off.
Half-Elven Warrior
Half-Elven Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  harbinger Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:45 pm

it was too sooooon! lol, bring it tomorrow and we can try to salvage the goods!
harbinger
harbinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Half-Elven Warrior Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:50 pm

It was three days...
Half-Elven Warrior
Half-Elven Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  harbinger Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:29 am

its always too soon! why!? WHY!? must everything that is loved be taken away!? oh wait... psh wasn't my mp3 player
harbinger
harbinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Half-Elven Warrior Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:21 am

Uhm...yeah... You gonna make it?
Half-Elven Warrior
Half-Elven Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:21 am

A site where several people had the same problem, there was a 50/50 chance of it still working after a week in rice/in a window sill. It is probably the lithium-ion battery, so you could get a new battery, but a simpler route would be to try and replace the product at store, or tell the manufacturer that it stopped working and they might exchange it. You just don't want to try to dry it in a car or something, because too much heat will fry the battery permanently.
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum