Adventure
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

pso2 online awesome

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

pso2 online awesome Empty pso2 online awesome

Post  harbinger Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:33 pm

harbinger
harbinger

Back to top Go down

pso2 online awesome Empty Re: pso2 online awesome

Post  Jonth Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:03 am

Yes, I will be playing that sir. I will be playing it too much.
Jonth
Jonth
Admin

https://adventure.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonth Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:44 pm

Well, a lot of information has been released all at once. Firstly, they will be letting an additional 50,000 people sign up for the next Alpha test from December 15 to January 17, so it should start a day or two after the 17th.

They are also going to implement a more in depth weapon/armor customization system. You can grind it to increase it's level like before, you can increase it's element attribute, and you can also add special effects to the weapon.

The My Room feature is now confirmed and it will be in the next alpha. Looks like they have added an outdoor terrace the the rooms.

The rest is minor stuff like UI changes.

If you want to read more about it, I get a lot of my information from here:

MAGICAL LINK COME FORTH!
Jonth
Jonth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  harbinger Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:28 am

yeah still wearin ma angry face and holding my picketing sign til they release something i can play and also bring back the beasts!
harbinger
harbinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonth Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:38 am

I hear ya.
Jonth
Jonth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  harbinger Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:07 pm

stupid... i didn't say anything i typed it....
harbinger
harbinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonth Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:44 am

Jerk
Jonth
Jonth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  harbinger Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:24 pm

lol
harbinger
harbinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonth Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:25 pm

It is long overdue for a PSO2 forum update. Since I last posted about it, the first and second alpha testing has been completed, and a lot more information has been released.

"Oh no! how will I ever be able to compile, read, and digest all this information?!" (Jake)

HAHAHA! (boisterous laugh) Not to worry Jake, I am here to at least help you with that first issue. The compilation that is.

So without further ado, my first entry of new information.

Player rooms and MAGS are confirmed now. There really wasn't any doubt with the rooms i don't think, but most of you may not even know what a mag is. MAGS were first introduced in PSO and were basically pets that you fed to give you stats and a special attack similar to a CASTs SUV. They became R and T-Mags in PSU, which were basically an off hand weapon, a disappointment to most PSO players. In PSO2, no one is completely sure how they will work, but there is some speculation that aspects of both game will be incorporated. Due to the data-mining efforts of a player named Vashyron, it looks like they may be able to be fed and grow, provide special buffs, and even attack with a projectile type attack (probably auto-attack). These will probably be able to be equipped by any class and have their own equip slot so as to not tie up any other equipment (such as weapon) slots.

Also thanks to these same data-mining efforts, a potential fourth race was uncovered. Disappointingly to Jake, it was not Beastmen (not that they couldn't be added as well), but Dumans. Dumans were introduced in PSP2 Infinity, and were basically Humans that were contaminated by the SEED, but had some ability to fight against complete contamination. The only information discovered about them is their stats; they have the highest physical attack of all the races. However, they have the lowest defenses of any race including Newmans.

It was told that new information should be released at an increased rate now that the second alpha test is over. Also, information about the Japanese closed beta will be released next month (March).
Jonth
Jonth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  harbinger Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:06 pm

*raises hand* yeah um... your a jerk, no not a question, just putting it out there, but yeah how bout some open or apply-able closed beta for us across the pond here... geez... and gimme back the beasts!
harbinger
harbinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonth Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:30 am

Jerk observation noted.

No mention of an NA beta yet, but there are quite a lot of people over on the pso-world.com forums that managed to sneak into the second alpha. If your desperate enough, there might be a way to get into the Japanese closed beta. Me, I'm not that desperate. Not a huge fan of betas anyway.
Jonth
Jonth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:38 am

Jon, your alphabet soup was nicely complitated, but it could use a digestion aid ;p.

Joking Aside, Yeah, I don't think I'd really get much out of a foreign closed beta. Betas are a bit annoying, the game can change at a drop of a hat by release, and you don't get to keep your characters at the end of it all (for good reason, its just annoying though).

So mags are going to be like the room bots we had last game, but mixed with mags from PSO.

Dumans are beasts in function, but not looks.

TL;DR version.
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonth Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:15 pm

Sounds like you pretty much got it. The one difference is that beasts were apparently quite a bit more survivable than Dumans. It is funny, because I believe Sega finally figured out how broken Casts and Beasts were by the time they made Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity (this is where Dumans came in), because they finally balanced the races in that game. First of all, all races were given a special ability, instead of Casts and beasts just having one. They also gave proper stat balance, for example, Humans were given the best defensive stats, instead of just making them second bes... er, I mean decent at everything. Would have loved to have played a decently survivable Human Force...
Jonth
Jonth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonth Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:23 am

I have a pretty epic update here.

PSO2 is also going to be released on the PlayStation Vita. It is the same game as the computer version, and shares the same server as the computer one. The PS Vita version is scheduled for a 2013 release (I'm assuming 2013 for Japan), so it won't be available the same time that the PC version is available.
Jonth
Jonth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  harbinger Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:12 pm

why cant they just release the pc then add content And expand for vita! yeah that would be sweet... they should do that tomorrow... oh and add the beasts
harbinger
harbinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonth Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:39 pm

That is pretty much what they are doing from my understanding. The PC version is supposed to come out in 2012, while the Vita one will come out in 2013. They are the exact same game (albeit possibly with slightly toned downed graphics), so therefore there is a very high chance of expansion of the game between the two version releases.

Since the Vita can download content and updates, it should not hold back the PC versions development.
Jonth
Jonth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  harbinger Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:52 pm

but you neglected the most important part of my post sir...

pso2 online awesome Where_10
harbinger
harbinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:44 am

Mmmm beast burger. The burger that photons your face.

Sometimes seperate universes crossover, but it probably is not likely in this case. One can hope though!
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonth Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:39 pm

amnesia the dark descent game name
Jonth
Jonth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonth Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:26 am

New information on PSO2.

Information regarding the closed beta was featured in a Japanese Famitsu magazine. Not sure the exact date yet, but it should be soon.

Also, three new weapons were confirmed. First up is the Hunter exclusive Partizan. It is a quick, wide area of attack, spear-type weapon.

Next is the Ranger exclusive Launcher. It is a heavy, high powered, wide area of attack gun that is wielded from the hip. Looks like it causes an explosion, but seems to have a direct attack pattern rather than an arc.

Lastly is the Force exclusive Talis. It shoots cards. However, the cards not only seem to be able to inflict damage directly, but they also are some sort of a medium to launch techs from. For example, you could launch a card towards another player, and cast Resta for a long range Resta.

A little more information on MAGS have been released as well. Specifically, it was revealed that photon blasts would be tied to MAGS, and that said photon blasts would change your MAG into a mythological creature that will fight along side you for a set time.
Jonth
Jonth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  harbinger Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:50 am

so... mags are now poke balls... and still no beasts?
harbinger
harbinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonth Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:05 pm

Here is a video showcasing the lobby, the newest revealed weapons I spoke of, and the MAGS. I recently discovered that the mags can attack without transforming as well. Based on how you have raised them, they will periodically perform either a striking, ranged or technic based attack.

Jonth
Jonth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonth Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:51 pm

This is one of the biggest updates so far.

Probably the biggest news is that the game will be free-to-play and the software will come as a free download. Of course this also means that there will be a cash shop (confirmed), although they have promised not to sell game breaking items... We'll see how that goes. This can be a really good thing, or this can be a really bad thing, but right now I'm choosing to remain optimistic.

Also, they announced that the game will also be able to be played on iOS and Android smart phones. The versions for these phones will be single player experiences (due to the limitations of cellular networks), but they will use the same character data from the main clients. Therefore, if you're out with nothing but your smartphone, you can still make some progress on your character.

You can now take your friends with you on missions at any time, even when they're not online! ... Wait what? There is a new "Friend Partner System" that allows you take your friend's character as an NPC if they are doing something else. Pretty cool.

Other than that, the Japanese Closed Beta will be at the end of April, and they are planning for a Japanese release this summer. If they speed everything up, we might see a US release by the end of the year.
Jonth
Jonth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  harbinger Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:09 pm

might have to buy a smart phone... now all we need is beasts... i would freakin pay for beasts
harbinger
harbinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Half-Elven Warrior Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:27 pm

My phone claims to be smart phone... The poor thing tries, it really does.
Half-Elven Warrior
Half-Elven Warrior

Location : A forest that lies somewhere between Narnia and Middle Earth

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next