Adventure
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE END IS NIGH!

+3
Nick
Joe
harbinger
7 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

THE END IS NIGH! - Page 3 Empty Re: THE END IS NIGH!

Post  harbinger Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:33 pm

MRE!!!!! its whats for dinner

THE END IS NIGH! - Page 3 Mre10
harbinger
harbinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:03 pm

Doesn't sound too tasty... thereadystore.com has a 1-person year supply of food for about $5,200. They also carry canned water and 115 hour candles, neat.
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  harbinger Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:47 pm

5200 dollars buys alot of better food... thats over 17000 cup-o-noodles.

THE END IS NIGH! - Page 3 77057_10
harbinger
harbinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:06 pm

.....you stole my pic you tool.......
Nick
Nick

Location : In a wet cardboard box suffering from a seizure while eating a stick of deoderant. Or was that a dream....?

Back to top Go down

Post  harbinger Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:21 pm

yeah almost wish i'd took longer than 30 seconds pasting it all together if i would have took the time to blend the noodles in I think I might have saved it for something
harbinger
harbinger

Back to top Go down

Post  harbinger Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:02 pm

hollow earth theory. an expedition is suppose to begin soon, and more are scheduled in the near future. imagine a solar system within the planet with its own unique life... screw zombies, try doom by subterraining dwellers... maybe we gonna get eated by dwarves.....

"The Aurora Borealis appears over both poles at the same time. Impossible if it is caused from the solar wind. Very plausible if caused by an ion stream coming from the core of the planet"

even better:

Among the purported entrances are:

Cueva de los Tayos (Cave of the oil birds), Ecuador
Gobi Desert , Mongolia.
Great Pyramid of Giza
Iguazu Falls , Argentina and Brazil
Mammoth Cave , Kentucky, USA
Manaus , Brazil
Mato Grosso , Brazil
Mount Epomeo , Italy
Mount Shasta , California (the Agharthean city of Telos)
North Pole
Rama , near Jaipur, India
South Pole
The Well of Sheshna in Benares, India (the Agharthean city of Patala)

kinda wierd kentucky makes the list... now the ground dwarves will feast on us all...
harbinger
harbinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:59 pm

Not sure how much of that I can believe in, I'm a pretty big fan of modern physics as well as quantum physics, but thats something new to me. The whole gravity issue could be revised seeing as the core could be somewhat star-like. There really isn't enough true observational evidence for the accepted idea or this proposed one for me. I mean, they just discovered that there is a giant underground "ocean" beneath Asia.

( http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2007/02/070227-ocean-asia.html )

Besides, I made friends with the ground dwarves about 5,000 years ago. So, we're cool.
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  harbinger Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:20 pm

remember folk:

in a post appocolyptic or crisis scenario the most important survival skill is to get yourself out of danger and the easiest way to do that is by vehicle. in rural enviroments a 4x4 is best in urban enviroments a small compact might be best but regardless all experts agree a deisel engine is best. typically it will say desiel especially if its a truck/suv or will have a tdi logo meaning turbo desiel very common on a volkswagen or audi. why a deisel and not a hybrid? bio-deisel. if a car has sat for a long period then batteries are shot. and the only thing that makes a hybrid special is the battery. so your screwed. the best type of deisel to get is late 80's early 90's these are easily hotwired using three wires.

hotwiring for dummies:

brown wire= starter
yellow and pink (usually)= battery and acc.

cut the brown wire and strip back the insulation

without severing the pink/yellow strip the insulation off a small segment maybe half an inch or so on both wires and twist together.

this should activate the car as if the key were in but the engine not started.

now touch the brown wire against the two twisted you should hear the starter and it should start if functional. once started just like a key dont keep using the brown wire just drive the car.

why did you just steal that gas guzzling truck instead of the toyota beside it? gas is going to be scarce so lets go make some shall we?

biodesil:

find resturant (most likely fast food/fried food) find the greasetrap
dig deep to get to the cleaner liquid grease, try to avoid as much sediment as you can.
prepare to cook it down.
cook it til solid material forms on surface discard/skim off solid material
aquire drain cleaner and anti-freeze (methonal and lye are the ingrediants you need)

mix the stuffs together:
5 parts grease 1 part methonal (antifreeze) 1/2 tablespoon lye (drain cleaner)

put the lye in the antifreeze shake like crazy add to grease shake a lot more.

allow to cool before use.
use a shirt or coffee filter to strain any left over sediment/impurities as you fill tank.

***the reason i put this here is mostly as a quick guide just in case***

might actually be most beneficial after our "community" is established.
harbinger
harbinger

Back to top Go down

Post  harbinger Sun May 15, 2011 9:18 am

so to keep this thread rolling it's magical update time:

so earlier we discussed what the individual peoples (you guys) brought to the table as far as stuff goes as well as possible roles you'll play in a survival community. without horribly over elaborating list your usable skills. also we should probably gather and store info in the form of books and papers about first aid edible plants, and so fourth pretty much mostly the info i passed off to nick and jon. something tells me if the world stops turning these here computaters ain't a gonna tell us much without juice. so yeah list your mad skills. this is mostly an assesment to see our strengths/weaknesses as a group.

part 2: so i've been seeing thsese zombie survival sheets all over the web and i got to thinking its a good idea so i've made my own template that will be uploaded on here. everyone should fill one out with the following instructions
1) save an extra blank copy of the template in case you change your gear alot
2) in black type in the gear you have (ms paint works nice about a size 12 font)
3) in red type in the gear you are attempting to aquire being as realistic as possible (chances of aquiring an rocket launcher are not realistic)
4) upload your template to the forum to be seen as well as give others ideas. (make sure when uploading to post the thumbnail and tell it NO on the resize image option)
5) feel free to customize your template as long as it remains easily viewed (mostly try to use the bottom left corner)

the template: https://i.servimg.com/u/f26/15/36/10/99/surviv10.jpg

Last edited by harbinger on Sun May 15, 2011 4:23 pm; edited 6 times in total
harbinger
harbinger

Back to top Go down

THE END IS NIGH! - Page 3 Empty mad skillz of not deadness

Post  harbinger Sun May 15, 2011 9:25 am

my part 1

security and combat tactics
recon
hunting gathering
fabrication/ carpentry
improvised and modified weapons as well as repair
some mechanics
some farming/ animal care
cooking
some sewing (flesh and fabric)
some first aid
basic survival skills

PART 2

click to enlarge
THE END IS NIGH! - Page 3 Jake_s12
harbinger
harbinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Sun May 15, 2011 6:18 pm

Very Basic Hunting Skill
Basic First Aid
I watch a lot of survival shows
Simple Survival skills
Bow skill
Rifle skill
Unarmed Combat
Basic Knife fighting skill
Small Carpentry Skill
Moderate Cooking Skill
Animal Knowledge
Animal Training Skill
Some Veterinary Knowledge (Will greatly increase over course of next year)
Fishing Skill
Melee skill
Nick
Nick

Location : In a wet cardboard box suffering from a seizure while eating a stick of deoderant. Or was that a dream....?

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Sun May 15, 2011 6:26 pm

Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Sun May 15, 2011 7:06 pm

Get Brandy to post one too.

THE END IS NIGH! - Page 3 Templa11
Nick
Nick

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Sun May 15, 2011 7:08 pm

Joe, post your skill list too
Nick
Nick

Back to top Go down

THE END IS NIGH! - Page 3 Empty Skills

Post  Sabra Mon May 16, 2011 10:48 pm

I don't think I know a whole lot but here are mine.

Hunting skills
First aid
Basic survival skills
Ranged weaponry skills
Cooking skills
Fishing skills
Sewing skills
Farming skills

Looks like I'm only good for taken care of people and some hunting. However, I can cook for everyone!
Other than that I'm not much help.
Sabra
Sabra

Back to top Go down

Post  harbinger Tue May 17, 2011 7:40 am

heh heh... make me a sandwich... wait put the bow down! oh.... out of lunch meat? be back in an hour?
food will be a major priority and we got plenty of buildy type people I think your hunting skills will be very useful, especially how well you shoot that bow.think about it, you have the BEST aim of the group so don't feel down.
harbinger
harbinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Tue May 17, 2011 12:58 pm

I don't really contribute much more than what has already been mentioned by others.

-Excellent Perception (figuring out how things work, designing things, etc.)
-Excellent Reference Collection (books on trade skills, as well as crafting barter items, etc.)
-Moderate Cooking/Food Preservation skill (I burn meat to a tasty consistency)
-Moderate Engineering/Fabrication skill (anything goes)
-Moderate Farming skill/knowledge
-Moderate Melee and Ranged Combat Skill
-Moderate First aid and accupressure/energy work skill
-Moderate gathering skill/identification (food, medicinal, etc.)
-Basic Hand to Hand combat skill
-Basic Metalworking/blacksmithing knowledge
-Basic Electronics knowledge (wiring, transistors, simple batteries, etc.)
-Basic Hunting knowledge (never been hunting, but know a bit about it)
-Basic Sewing/weaving skill

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.

-Robert A. Heinlein
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  harbinger Tue May 17, 2011 2:29 pm

well joe, work on them green thumb skillz. being able to SAFELY identify roots and plants and things and how to use them. meds are going to be rare and get even rarer, having an herbalist would be highly usefull. besides it looks like our main farming force will be joe and jon so, yeah i can do some farming but mostly i just do potted plants...........

so learn with your eye holes to find and properly identify things in the area like ginseng and whatever else as well as its uses and maybe how to use it

heres how its looking so far we have a good variety of skill sets. with some specialization

jon is looking like our doctor/farmer
joe is looking like our herbalist/farmer
sara is looking like our hunter/cook
nick is looking like our animal care/fishing dude
me is looking like our hunter/constructiony security

and i don't know nikki's stuff cause she is still somewhat new and has failed to turn in a skill sheet (i blame joe and the economy, but mostly joe)

so every has basics and can hop from job to job where needed, but some people are just more skilled in certain areas, diversity is strength, so being a jack of all trades allows group flexability, so don't feel bad if you can only do stuff other people can also do, it just means less stress on those people cause you can help or fill a gap, for example if were almost outta food obviously sara is gonna have to form a hunting party, and someone is going to have to make dinner since she and who ever(s) are out killing things, it would seem a bit over burdening to have her go out and kill something all day then have to make me a sandwich. so someone else will be making me a sandwich... maybe even me.

p.s. someone really needs to learn how to make bread... its a good filler food, can keep for awhile, and otherwise jon will probably die...

ALSO: EVERYONE NEEDS TO WATCH THE DISCOVERY CHANNEL SERIES CALLED THE COLONY SEASON 2
harbinger
harbinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Tue May 17, 2011 3:29 pm

Nikki would be Sewing/Animal care. She does embroidery, knitting, etc. and she has taken some vet schooling at college level. I think I'm better at construction and design than herbalism, but I have a good eye for it.
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Tue May 17, 2011 5:28 pm

Now we come to this problem; I needz fiya powah!
Nick
Nick

Back to top Go down

Post  harbinger Tue May 17, 2011 5:34 pm

wait until
a) the world ends

b) you turn 18 and 21

whatever comes first

and wait nikki does embrodery!?!? elaborate!!!! do it now

we have plenty of actual construction so no need to specialize it joe, that'll be a group job, however if you can learn since you work in a place filled with knowledge and seem to have freetime occasionally while doing so, the medicine man skill would be a very useful one to have
harbinger
harbinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Tue May 17, 2011 6:05 pm

Mystic Joe of Medicine Prowess! Yea, but with Jon's medical knowledge, having someone who could find the medicine and know its uses would be most epic, added with your observational skills.
Nick
Nick

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Tue May 17, 2011 6:18 pm

The library is lacking in edible plant books, but I have an excellent one at home, but it features plants from around the world (I'm not sure if you remember it Jake, but I picked it up in Lexington once). I found a few on Amazon focusing on North American plants (edible as well as medicinal), with color photos and how to distinguish between similar species, it even tells you how to properly prepare it.

Embroidery is pretty much tightly woven stitches on a piece of existing fabric (most patches are made this way), usually decorative in nature. It uses small needles and tough thread compared to normal sewing, so it'd make for good repairs to ripped clothing, or possibly in connecting pieces together.

Edit: I am the group Shaman.
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  harbinger Tue May 17, 2011 6:38 pm

well i know what ebroidery is i just wonder how skilled she is cause it could be awesome to have her do some work plus someone who can make/mend clothing will also be very useful. and shaman joe need to get his skills on. i would try to find the ebook of whatever that book is but maybe later on you might wanna get it if its cheap just so when the internet dies

you could always abuse the photocopier at the library
harbinger
harbinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Tue May 17, 2011 7:02 pm

She'd have to practice on making clothing, etc. but she follows patterns well and can draw patterns to follow.
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum