Adventure
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE END IS NIGH!

+3
Nick
Joe
harbinger
7 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

THE END IS NIGH! - Page 2 Empty Re: THE END IS NIGH!

Post  harbinger Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:13 pm

yes same concept, bear grills did it with plants and peeeeeeee, yeah, he recycles pee... almost as much as kevin costner(water world).
harbinger
harbinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:37 pm

Brandi says people have been buying ramen like crazy lately (she is a cashier at Wal-mart), seems people had the same idea as Jon. I think I may invest in the fruit plants since I'd like some more in the Orchard anyway (its pretty much just cherries and apples these days, but we have various blackberry bushes around too). Just need to make sure I have plenty $ for the con in about 23 days.
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  harbinger Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:19 pm

fruit trees do take awhile to mature so yeah, that may be wise... i have to keep my plants in pots since it'l be impossible to steal me giant pear tree... unfortunantly my potted plant is not edible.... i feel sorry for your lady friend mr joe... i too suffer the blight that is retail.
harbinger
harbinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:56 pm

yea

THE END IS NIGH! - Page 2 Homema11
Nick
Nick

Location : In a wet cardboard box suffering from a seizure while eating a stick of deoderant. Or was that a dream....?

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonth Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:44 am

It is interesting to know that others have had the same idea about Ramen. Brandi will be able to monitor the local economic situation and give us updates that might be insightful. ME and Sara also bought 13 gallons of water the other day for a little over $0.70 each. Basically, we are putting back $10 dollars each pay check for rations.
Jonth
Jonth
Admin

https://adventure.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  harbinger Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:47 am

i seem to be buying bulk ammo... its for uhhh.... uhh.... survival? yeah! trade item and use item. bullets can get food one way or another... got around 300 .223 rounds about 100 shotshells/slugs, several boxes of .38 special, and a couple hundred .22 long, as well as small amounts of various ammos like 9mm and .45. food is too cumbersome an item for me to stockpile. won't be able to take much if i have to move fast, weapons offer protection as well as a good resource gatherer, bullets for your cookie sir? no? but you have a whole box! hey hey! dont you walk away from me! *chambers round* GIVE ME A FRIGGIN COOKIE OR SO HELP ME! see effective
harbinger
harbinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:25 pm

Best to keep them hidden however, if someone sees you as more of a threat than you want, they will be sure to get rid of that threat. Also, someone may pull your cookie trick but with guns.
Nick
Nick

Location : In a wet cardboard box suffering from a seizure while eating a stick of deoderant. Or was that a dream....?

Back to top Go down

Post  harbinger Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:43 pm

thats why they make holsters, carry bags, and trenchcoats. (I have all three) however I seen the movie red last night and I have decided that I too need a piggy

THE PIG <<< CLICK IT!

THE END IS NIGH! - Page 2 Untitl10
harbinger
harbinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonth Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:39 pm

Lol... Just watched the clip...
Jonth
Jonth
Admin

https://adventure.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:49 pm

Hammer space pig. Get one.

I've been reading up on the whole economic collapse preparedness, and the first step is paying off debts (besides stocking up on grains/water). Also picking up some gold/silver, and keeping back luxury items like chocolate/booze, etc. Bartering will be our friend, I'm pretty hand with making random stuff.
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  harbinger Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:14 pm

well honestly forget debt if everything collapses the debt goes away... think i'll gather my supplies first and consider debt relief laterz. jakey wants to buy on the margine! (stovk market crash referance)
harbinger
harbinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:25 pm

Yeah, don't think I'll worry about it either. They actually had a Yahoo news article about a government shutdown (outlining that it'd just close down government parks, buildings, irs hotlines, etc. and that mail would continue). Still, that makes it very real and close. Incidentally there was also an article on indefinite foods, listed below:

Sugar, Pure Vanilla Extract (not artificial), White Rice (brown goes bad due to oils), Corn Starch, Honey, Salt, Corn Syrup, and Maple Syrup and White Vinegar are also listed, but maple syrup requires a fridge and vinegar requires a cool dry place. In the event of a collapse, these seem like good items to buy not only for food, but bartering.
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  harbinger Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:41 pm

i can cook 100 meals with white rice!
harbinger
harbinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:52 pm

White rice with honey sounds tasty as a dessert. I think I'll go get some storage tubs and stock up on some of those things.
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:23 pm

Decided to post here instead of the downsizing thread.

I think part of the issue with today is that people are not in touch with working with more than computers, tvs, microwaves, and desk chairs. Plus with areas like NYC that are basically stacked hovels of housing, its pretty much a death trap (especially considering the natural issues aside from the human ones). Luckily rural areas such as this are pretty secure food wise (we've got forest and field to fall back on, plus we're all highly intelligent). One downfall to add to the issue, is also that we have tons more pollution now than we had back in the great depression (though that is also a plus when looking for materials).

I think after the convention we're going to start stocking up on the previous post's food items, as well as medical supplements, first aid stuffs, candles, etc. Basically what people prepare when faced with a natural disaster, but also barter items. I forgot about my blow gun till last night, I think I'll stock up on darts as well. Its not a bad weapon to have as a survival item (like the bow), best to save bullets for defense. A metalworking and fletching book would also be a good investment.
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  harbinger Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:00 pm

everything you just posted is awesomeness, especially first aid stuffs obviously cleanliness will go down so infection will go up, we'll need alot of antibacterials, and such learning to make penecillian may be a plus. blow dart gun would be good for small game, probably the most common food items, anything smaller than a rabbit would be good for, anything bunny or larger would be bow game, but even a bb gun could be just as effective for small game so if anyone has a pump gun laying about might actually be a survival item, i have one that is as powerful as a .22 rifle but it takes a larger pellet than the standard .177 found in stores so its probably about useless. my next thought is hiding, mostly for saftey, we may want to pick out a good area back in your woods joe to consider clearing brush and such ( most trees would be usefull as cover above as well as something as simple as a clothes line) though we might have to down a few. i figure if things get reallly reeaaallly bad like killings in the street and what not we might have to have a road size path back to an open area to drag campers or rvs or small trailors to make a camp enviroment. sort of a panic room type location.

i would also recommend all to wath the series called the colony that came on either history or discovery channel.

also bear grills had an urban survival episode you can youtube. as well as his spin off series worst case scenario

best though was a short ran series called apocalypse man that ran on history channel

apocalypse man

harbinger
harbinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:01 pm

Brandi is allergic to bee venom, as well as penecillian, so those things will be important to remedy. I have a book on natural cures and herbs, it'd be nice to find the type of tree they make pain killers from so we can make our own asprin/tylenol type things. Chinese/Native American style medicine might actually be very helpful. Vitamin C and such would be good to stock up if it has a long shelf-life, since most of the stored stuff will be grains, it won't be providing adequate nutrition beyond energy and fiber. I've also been reading up on growing grains and other plants, and crop rotation is highly important to keep the soil fertile.
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  harbinger Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:12 pm

vinegar will draw bee venom out of a sting... remember it well. also dont they have those epi-pens? or whatever for bee alergy people? having a couple for major emergancies would be nice... chances are we will be robbong some bees honey is a very good survival tool and food. its good for wounds and such

honey stuffery
harbinger
harbinger

Back to top Go down

Post  harbinger Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:06 pm

so, oddly enough i decided to price some pellets for my fancy german 20 caliber pellet/bb rifle. turns out they are kinda rare and pricey, but i was cleaning my real guns and i thought meh might as well clean it up, and so upon cleaning i realized it had a heavily rifled barrel, and the power on this thing was much greater than american bb guns, and i had a ton of .177 bb's and pellets sooo i thought, there is no chance of a pellet exploding since it has no gun powder so i popped one in and started to walk to a door... and it feel out of the barrel... so i thought well this wont work but im bored. so i tried it anyway and exploded a bird feeder on the other side of the yard... i was very impressed. it will be useful and it can technically use multiple ammo types. im also pretty sure it'l out reach a blowdart gun, so we have a new survival hunting weapon.
harbinger
harbinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:49 pm

I think a kuhkri will come in handy if it is a wilderness survival situation. It can be be used for easily chopping branches and trees, as well as clearing brush. They are very easy to care for and it's build is made for swinging efficiency. Plus a blade is always reusable(aside from it breaking but with this weapon that is unlikely) so skinning and preparing food would also be a use.
Nick
Nick

Back to top Go down

Post  harbinger Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:15 pm

its a bent machette... you cant skin game with that ...unless its an elephant or something. small blades like a buck knife are used to skin but your funny machette is good for killing or to remove the limbs from a greedy coke mule. atleast it is in columbia. they are also a wonderful thrown weapon. you have one? i have always wated one but just never got around to it.
harbinger
harbinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:44 pm

No, but for an average quality one it is only 20 bucks if you look in the right places. Also, that "Bent Machete" can be used to slice anything
Nick
Nick

Back to top Go down

Post  harbinger Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:44 am

not that i forsee zombies being a threat but still this is a pretty nice site

omega zombie
harbinger
harbinger

Back to top Go down

Post  harbinger Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:00 pm

so the mayan calendar ends 12212012, funny, the jewish calendar ends around year 7000, guess whats ironic... they both pretty much end at the same time. also its around the time of the galactic alignment.
sooooooo.... yeah just throwing that out there
harbinger
harbinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:20 pm

My calendar ends at infinity. Chuck Norris' calendar goes beyond that.

Was also thinking about "space food" as in the freeze-dried strawberries and ice cream bar type stuff. I'd bet that keeps forever, and the ice cream would probably be a good barter item. I think most stuff loses alot of nutritional value when water is removed though.
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum